Thursday 28 April 2011

My moon that night!




Well past midnight in March
A large orange moon hung
Precariously near the swishing
Tree that could have it stung.

A lone sheet on the clothesline,
I fluttered in the large balcony;
Left over to be dried, I saw
The moon, try some alchemy.

It glowed in pride.
The big circle with the marks;
It charmed me next
With such sparkling sparks

Full in shape that night,
Although I’d earlier romanced,
Hanging in forlorn nights,
Some slender crescents that’d advanced.

Reaching my hand out
I shouted and called it in,
“Careful! The frenzied twigs”
I’d seen in it some of my kin.

Gloomy I sulked back.
They gave no mouths to textile!
Feared a scratch on the delicate face,
But my screech was just futile.

The rope shivered and I
Called out the cheeks of heaven,
“Stop the ugly play of Wind or
Haul my darling away but in safe haven.”

Peeped she out, unveiling
From the ashen Cloud;
Painting a pale hapless smile,
Just to slip back in her shroud.

Wind halted to grin at me,
Towing in along heavy grey fate;
Her veil swelled up!
And started shedding weight.

I scoffed back at him
For his self goal that night;
Scary twigs quit their game, and,
I was drenched again for her delight. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gud one. The poems are getting long everytime.

Rajan said...

thanx,.
i havent really kept a check on the length until now.

prateekshankar dixit said...

This is beautiful...btw, who is this moon that you are romancing so painfully???

Love the poem...

Rajan said...

thanxx..
none in particular..

Amruta said...

beautiful.....

Rajan said...

thanx amruta..
:)

Namrata said...

wow...........

Anonymous said...

A gloomy month of May that didn't bring anything worthy to be written by your fingers ............

Rajan said...

gloomy it might have been, worthless it might have been,..
but it has been there and so.
thanx anyways.