Saturday 18 October 2014

Twenty love poems


Twenty love poems and a song of despair
Gone over a thousand times every layer
My songs once dived chasms within
My words today, fall short and bare.

it used to be in the ripples blue and green
Or a drifting yellow leaf for the breeze to do
The pen lies wasted today
and the blank paper just stares, with nothing to brew

There’s a grey ribbon of smoke and a cigarette burns
It burns me within for you won’t light it again
The day smells of good coffee, mine, but my songs
they only hum, to a whiskey lullaby in vain

Clouds cast a colour to the white sky and
I dreamily gaze into the open from my pigeon hole
Some colours of passion I’d waited for, but
the clouds remain such grey, such is my dole


Its only sighs as I engage with myself
what a poet whose songs are half sung?
Few memories, yellow sheets and a rusting nib
Am left with just twenty love poems
and plenty songs of despair

No comments: