Friday 10 January 2014

Touch me not



That pile of pebbles
which stands firm and rock.
That shimmering green creeper,
that’d climb up and mock,
O! It’s a decision well made
and my rage so fairly paid.
That lovely deep blue lake,
still, as the crocs it hides
or the light blue sky untouched,
untouched a sheet one glides.
You’ve already caused pain enough
that my love shall bear till the cuff.
It doesn’t happen your way
and it isn’t even the routine – Oh! The damn highway

Don’t you just give that smile
I warn you. Yes - my love, I sigh
It’ll all account to zero -
the fuming, my puffing and the cry.
Touch one at the bottom
and the pebbles come tumbling down.
Touch not that creeper it shies away;
your soft still face while I frown
Is a drop in it and it ripples in craze -
The lake. Or a flight across its stillness
leaves in that azure sheet a glistening trace.
O you say not that polite word
I warn you. Yes – my love, I sigh
Touch me not; I’ll fall back in love I cry.

No comments: