Wednesday 1 December 2010

Dance of the shadow!


All there on a beach we sang,
Danced and so did the dark spaces on the sand.
Moving with me, finely cut out under the sun,
They had no qualms as I, liked the run.
Queer animals I drew on the wall,
That flew and barked till lighted was the hall.
Laughing them off, I turned to another curtain,
That had a fine outline of a lady who did refrain.
Tangible circles and slender fingers set her hair
That fell cascading, would have been for a fare.
Walked, I in a moonlit night. 
Stretched from my feet till my sight,
A shaded patch, until I marked my jacket latch.
Me, spread on the street, but my eyes didn’t match.
All obscure, thankfully my tears n grins didn’t matter.
But the silhouette kept following for the better.
Back sometime in bright sunlight as I looked;
Funny shaped ovals ran through my book.
And funnily I gazed at my ruffled hair,
Earphones oddly fixed into my ear.
Later, three orbited to my left on the street;
Sharpening in turns, converging at my feet.
Shadows, thanks to each passing bulb dangling,
Darkened, to fade out with a step, past future and the lingering.
Past, future and the lingering I thought,
Stared and looked at what my gait brought.
The play of the lamps in line and my pace,
Paced, as three needles of a clock, at equal space.
A barking dog distracted me,
And lost I, my shaded trinity.




3 comments:

ROMIL said...

yeah!! herz rajan luthra... back once again...dis time in full form!!
i liked it...nd wat i admire in dis poem is yor point of view.. d way u articulated it...quite similar to that f gr8 poets.... good job!!

prateekshankar dixit said...

beautiful. keeps one hooked to the words till end.

Rajan said...

thanx both of you.
romil and prateek..
:)